Meet the Team
Dr. Josh and Dr. Brik are the only dentists in Southern Colorado who spent 5 years after dental school becoming residency trained specialists in both orthodontics and pediatric dentistry.
Meet Dr. Josh Erickson
His distinctive training gives him the ability to achieve the ultimate goal of creating healthy, beautiful and confident smiles for your child, all in one specialized location. Designed with your children in mind, our cozy and fun environment combined with caring staff makes our office feel like your child’s dental home.
Dr. Josh’s extensive training and gentle, positive approach will make even the most apprehensive child feel relaxed and comfortable.
- University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco, CA Doctorate degree (DDS), graduating with honors
- University of Washington’s School of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics, Seattle, WA Orthodontic Specialty Certificate
- Masters in the Science of Dentistry (MSD)
- Board Eligible by the American Board of Orthodontics
- University of Tennessee’s School of Dentistry, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Memphis, TN
- Pediatric Dentistry Specialty Certificate
- Board certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Continuing education is paramount as he provides comprehensive care in both pediatric dentistry and orthodontics. Dr. Josh maintains active membership in all pertinent local and national professional organizations relating to his specialties.
Dr. Josh is married to his wonderful wife, Teresa, and has three daughters. He enjoys taking advantage of all the activities Colorado has to offer, including, swimming, tennis, mountain biking and adventure racing. He is also an avid BYU, Broncos and Nuggets fan.
Our team consists of a caring group of professionals who strive to make you and your child as comfortable as possible in one specialized location during your visit with us.
Meet Dr. Brik Nielsen
Dr. Brik along with his amazing wife Ashley, and their three children: Trey, Emery, and Jackson will be making Colorado Springs their new home.
They are natives of Mesa, Arizona and Dr. Brik comes from a family of dentists. He received his Bachelor of Science from Brigham Young University. He then completed dental school at the University of Southern California. The ensuing FIVE years, Dr. Brik was formally trained in both orthodontics and pediatric dentistry.
Oahu, Hawaii was the headquarters for his 2-year pediatric dental residency at Lutheran Medical Center.
This unique program had him traveling from Oahu to Maui to the Big Island to provide dental care to some of the most underserved children in the country.
He then moved 5,000 miles to Buffalo, New York to complete a 3-year residency in orthodontics at the University of Buffalo. He will be graduating June 2016 with his Master’s of Science, and specialty Certificate in Orthodontics.
In order to further his pediatric dental abilities, while in orthodontic residency, Dr. Brik has been working part-time in private practice at Just 4 Me Pediatric Dentistry in Buffalo NY.
He and Ashley have enjoyed immersing their family in every community they have lived. In Los Angeles, they became frequent fliers of Disneyland, beach trips, and attending popular television shows in Hollywood. They welcomed their first two children, Trey and Emery, during dental school with Emery being born the week of graduation. For the next couple of years, they enjoyed exploring the culture and beauty of Hawaii. Most recently, the Nielsen’s have been loving their east coast experience. They have been able to take advantage of DC, NYC, Boston, Adirondack Mountain Range, Philadelphia and others. In 2014 they welcomed Jackson, their “Buffalo Baby” into the family.
Meet the Team
Teresa EricksonAccounting/HR Manager
CandiOrthodontic Treatment Coordinator
RebeccaOrthodontic Financial Coordinator